Safeguarding Your Information
Calgaryofficespace.ca is owned and operated by CORE Commercial Real Estate Ltd. (“CORE”). CORE is a Calgary based boutique firm of experienced leasing and investment sales professionals. Our firm provides commercial real estate services including tenant representation, lease negotiation, lease reviews, cost reduction strategies, and operating cost reviews in the Calgary and surrounding area.
CORE is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. To understand how we use the information you provide to us, and to approve the use of that information, we have provided important information below.
In the handling of your information, we follow a policy of “informed consent”. Users who do not give this consent (or do not have this consent provided on their behalf) cannot provide us with their Personal Identifiable Information and cannot use the Site.
Informed consent is in regards to information you may provide to us. This information may include your name, your contact information, or other information about yourself by which others may identify you – Personal Identifiable Information (“PII”), to CORE, our service providers, or other businesses which you may contact while visiting our site. CORE and these other entities may use this information and other technical information about your use of this web site to tailor their presentations to you, to facilitate your movement through this web site, or communicate separately with you. However, we will never intentionally provide any of your Personal Identifiable Information to other companies or individuals not listed above (collectively “Third Parties”) without your express permission to do so. We will notify you at the time of such data collection or transfer if your Personal Identifiable Information is to be shared with a Third Party and you will always have the option of not permitting such sharing.
The following describes how we are using the information that you provide to us.
1. What PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION does Calgaryofficespace.ca collect from you?
- We collect two main types of information – PERSONAL INFORMATION and anonymous information. We may use personal and anonymous information to create aggregate information. We do not however collect any unnecessary Personal Identifiable Information from Users (for instance, information about political or religious beliefs).
- Calgaryofficespace.ca collects information in several ways from different parts of our website.
- Some Personal Identifiable Information is gathered when you agree to a testimonial, enter a site feedback form, or complete a client satisfaction survey. During the on-line registration process, for example, Calgaryofficespace.ca may ask for your name, email address, telephone number, postal code, occupation, industry information and professional interests. The more information you provide, the better we are able to assist you with your real estate needs.
2. How does Calgaryofficespace.ca collect Personal Identifiable Information from you?
We may collect your Personal Identifiable Information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so);
- from third parties such as our providers (captured from information you have provided to us).
3. How long does Calgaryofficespace.ca hold Personal Identifiable Information?
- We retain the Personal Identifiable Information that we collect from and about our Users for as long as it is needed to provide access to the Site or to manage that Registrant’s account. We take reasonable steps to delete the Personal Identifiable Information we collect if your registration to use our Site lapses and you opt out of receiving further communications from us, or if you ask us to delete your information. We may however retain and use Personal Identifiable Information as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements, and we may retain and use anonymous and aggregated information for performance reporting, benchmarking and analytic purposes and for product and service improvement.
4. What are cookies and how does Calgaryofficespace.ca use them?
- Cookies from Calgaryofficespace.ca can only be read by Calgaryofficespace.ca. And, if you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you will still be able to access most of the areas on this site. However, please note that if you disable all cookies using your browser, you may not be able to edit your profile. So, if you wish to edit your profile, make sure that you have not configured your browser so as to disable all cookies.
5. How does Calgaryofficespace.ca use PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
- Calgaryofficespace.ca’s primary goal in collecting Personal Identifiable Information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our network of sites. This includes personalized services, interactive communications, online transactions and many other types of services, most of which are completely free to you. Calgaryofficespace.ca does research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this in order to better understand and serve our users.
- This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis.
- CORE may share aggregated user data with business partners. However, CORE will never intentionally provide any of your Personal Identifiable Information to other companies or individuals without your permission to do so and will take all reasonable steps to protect such Personal Identifiable Information from perpetrators of fraud or internet piracy.
Additional uses of your Personal Identifiable Information could include:
- for administrative, planning, product or service development, and quality control;
- for marketing purposes, but only where we have express or informed consent to contact someone or we are otherwise permitted by law to do so. Users may also opt out at any time by following the specific opt out instructions within the communications that we send.
6. Who is collecting information?
- When you are on a Calgaryofficespace.ca site and are asked for Personal Identifiable Information, you are sharing that information with Calgaryofficespace.ca alone unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
7. Does Calgaryofficespace.ca share my information with third parties?
From time to time, you may be offered the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from Third Parties. If you opt-in to receive information from these Third Parties, Calgaryofficespace.ca will (with your permission) share your name and email address with them.
CORE utilizes third-party providers to power certain elements of the Company’s online marketing and advertising. These service providers collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (i.e. publishers). This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we and these third party service providers collect to serve you more relevant advertisements regarding 3P Learning resources (referred to as “retargeting”). We collect information about where you saw the ads and what ads you clicked on. This is data that does not personally or directly identify you.
When agreeing to the Term and Conditions, Users grant us the right to use this anonymous information for our own purposes, such as the preparation of statistical reports or to change the content of our products.
We will keep your Personal Identifiable Information confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge your information to advertisers or any external third parties, unless:
- we are required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with law, regulation, legal process, court order or subpoena;
- to enforce our Terms & Conditions;
8. What are my choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of my information?
- Calgaryofficespace.ca may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our services. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from Calgaryofficespace.ca, we may occasionally send you direct mail about services which we feel may be of interest to you. Only Calgaryofficespace.ca (or agents working on behalf of Calgaryofficespace.ca under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings. At any time you can easily edit your Calgaryofficespace.ca account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings.
- You also have choices with respect to cookies. As mentioned earlier, by modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is about to be set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to edit your profile.
9. How does Calgaryofficespace.ca protect my personal and business-related information?
- Keeping your information private is critically important to us. As with all information, Calgaryofficespace.ca will never rent or sell your personal and business-related information to Third Parties without your express permission.
10. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
- CORE is committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep the Personal Identifiable Information we collect and use in a secure environment. We have implemented administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect Personal Identifiable Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification.
11. What else should I know about my privacy?
- Please keep in mind that whenever you disclose Personal Identifiable Information online – for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post Personal Identifiable Information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. AS A RESULT, WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, CALGARYOFFICESPACE.CA, OR CORE CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR TRANSMISSION, WE MAKE OUR BEST EFFORT TO ENSURE ITS SECURITY ON OUR SYSTEMS.
13. Applicable Law
This legislation includes, without limitation:
- The Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP)
- The Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
14. Additional Information
- For any questions regarding this statement, please contact Lori King, Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org; OR Privacy Officer, CORE Commercial Real Estate Ltd., Suite 210, 800-6th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3G3